High Performance Computing clusters at INFN-CNAF
An HPC cluster dedicated to CERN studies is available at INFN-CNAF (Bologna, Italy) allowing for MPI applications across multiple nodes. The cluster presently features a total of about 800 CPU-cores.
Access to the cluster can be requested by sending an email to abp.computing[AT]cern.ch including the following information:
- The filled in form. Please add Daniele Cesini as contact person and "Access to the hpc_acc Cluster to run High Energy Physics simulation codes" as the reason.
- A copy of identity card or other valid identification document (e.g. passport).
- Users should connect via ssh to bastion.cnaf.infn.it and from there access the cluster front-end called ui-hpc2.cr.cnaf.infn.it.
- The LSF system is installed on the cluster to manage job submissions. Jobs should be submitted to the ”hpc-acc” queue.
- If you have inquiries about running your jobs on this cluster or need technical support, please write an email to hpc-support@listsNOSPAMPLEASE.cnaf.infn.it
- A node called hpc-201-11-35 is equipped with four V100 GPUs, and can be used interactively.
Relevant links to obtain further information on this cluster are:
- Presentation by Antonio Falabella at ABP-CWG meeting on 20 July, 2017
- Presentation by Annalisa Romano on how to submit jobs at ABP-CWG meeting on 4 July 2017
- Note on outcome of the acceptance test to proceed to the second phase of the cluster procurement and installation: Performance of space charge simulations using High Performance Computing (HPC) cluster CERN-ACC-NOTE-2017-0048
- Please note that Antonio Falabella (antonio.falabella@cnafNOSPAMPLEASE.infn.it) is available to assist you, should you encounter any problem in connecting or running your jobs in the present configuration.